Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Free To Play Battlefield

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (Tree_ @ Nov 8 2010, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Serious? Did they just email you with the invite or? Are there many people playing it yet?

Lol sorry I just had to try and mess with someone in this thread.. that's just norm BF2. I'm sure once the beta opens we'll see a post on kotaku. icon_razz.gif

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Nov 9 2010, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heyyo,

Lol sorry I just had to try and mess with someone in this thread.. that's just norm BF2. I'm sure once the beta opens we'll see a post on kotaku. icon_razz.gif

Oh ... Hey... That's not nice, icon_sad.gif

Panic92

Panic92
  • Members
  • 232 posts
  • xfire:re4per666
  • Steam ID:re4per666
  • PSN:Panic_92
Pretty cool I guess, BF2 is pretty sweet and it looks pretty darn similar... so I see no reason not to try it icon_razz.gif

Signed up, woulda thought i'd at least get a confirmation email but hey, apparently it's registered.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
Got my invite email a few hours ago.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
  • Interests:Internets! Games! Music! Photography!
  • Gamer Army ID:1083
QUOTE (Lewdis @ Nov 9 2010, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They should just release BF2 for free instead of making a whole new game

But BF2 sucks so hopefully they fix all the suck out of it and replace it with other suck before they fill it with spam

But it's free so I'm keen.

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 3 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But BF2 sucks

:|

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 3 2010, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But BF2 sucks so hopefully they fix all the suck out of it and replace it with other suck before they fill it with spam

But it's free so I'm keen.

Lol... k... how did this uber successful pc fps suck? It's still got a pretty decent player base for a game that came out in 2005. icon_razz.gif

Yeah Tree, now I'm in the beta. icon_wink.gif

[EDIT1]
Hmm.. soldier kits look familiar to anyone? lol... seems to be each soldier can only be one kit like in BF Heroes.. so that's kinda interesting. I'm gonna do up medic since that's my main class in BC2 followed by Engineer which I'll make a backup soldier for.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Dec 4 2010, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol... k... how did this uber successful pc fps suck? It's still got a pretty decent player base for a game that came out in 2005. icon_razz.gif

Ahh I only really got into the vehicle aspect, when it comes to the shooting I prefer others, all i'm sayin'

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 3 2010, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh I only really got into the vehicle aspect, when it comes to the shooting I prefer others, all i'm sayin'

You have Gary Busey in your signature and that scares me bro... not even the cute chick to his side can mask the fact that he's doing a crazy man's laugh. icon_sad.gif

I just tried BP4F.. it's alright. They use the same voices and stuff as BC2, my medic gets a tracer dart apparently lol and it's cool to see health numbers in a battlefield game instead of just a bar or a bloody screen. Definitely still early beta phases though as such basic things like the hit indicator is always off 90 to the left, the game is warpy and even switching weapons seems to take a half second longer than it should, ironsighting also kinda warps or is unresponsive which is annoying when I'm trying to shoot somebody, hahaha. I can see myself playing this game though once everything's patched up it's fun. icon_biggrin.gif

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Not saying these games are but but..
What's the point of these games? How does the company make money off this? Why is something that isn't so terrible FREE?

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
I didn't get an invite ... That's a bit shit.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
Feels like it's going to take forever to install.

Nevermore

Nevermore
  • GA Private
  • 1,658 posts
QUOTE (x_byakugan_x @ Dec 4 2010, 05:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not saying these games are but but..
What's the point of these games? How does the company make money off this? Why is something that isn't so terrible FREE?

Word of mouth generates a hefty player base, ads get chucked in somewhere and they charge a killing for the banner space

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (cadetduke @ Dec 3 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Feels like it's going to take forever to install.

The beta is just one level thus far.. size on disk 731MB.. but yeah just the BF2 mod file in my steam copy of the game is 2.8GB.. so who knows how big they will go if they will just retexture all the BF2 maps or make new ones or what... time will tell. icon_wink.gif

QUOTE (Nevermore @ Dec 3 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Word of mouth generates a hefty player base, ads get chucked in somewhere and they charge a killing for the banner space

That and micro-transactions. I've spent about I think $25 on BF Heroes for the bit of it I played until my bud's got all emo and quit on me. icon_sad.gif

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Dec 3 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The beta is just one level thus far.. size on disk 731MB.. but yeah just the BF2 mod file in my steam copy of the game is 2.8GB.. so who knows how big they will go if they will just retexture all the BF2 maps or make new ones or what... time will tell. icon_wink.gif

My initial install froze, which is why it was taking so long, I restarted it and it didn't take long.

QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Dec 3 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That and micro-transactions. I've spent about I think $25 on BF Heroes for the bit of it I played until my bud's got all emo and quit on me. icon_sad.gif

I bought the templar outfit when I played, and several other things. I also had my own server at one point.I only played with one other rl friend, but I was fine playing by myself. Though I met a ton of people in game and we'd all play together when possible.

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (cadetduke @ Dec 4 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought the templar outfit when I played, and several other things. I also had my own server at one point.I only played with one other rl friend, but I was fine playing by myself. Though I met a ton of people in game and we'd all play together when possible.

Yeah isn't that shit weird with fps players? I find when I was hardcore gaming it was mainly with random people in a group or clan than my rl buds.. lol, now that I have a few co-workers who kinda game like me we actually game at random together more than my online buddies. icon_razz.gif

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (ThE_MarD @ Dec 4 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find when I was hardcore gaming it was mainly with random people in a group or clan than my rl buds.

Probably because everyone IRL is awful at video games. :\

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Dec 4 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably because everyone IRL is awful at video games. :\

At least where we live yes.. lol... I hear out in the oil rig camps they play a lot of rock band.. and I might get hired on at Stinger Wellhead Protection eh? if so I should go out there and show off my uber drumming skills and play and Justice for all on performance mode and expert difficulty and stuff. icon_razz.gif

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,862 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
Anyone got a spare key? <.<

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13