Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fable 3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
Ok. So I've been playing fable 3. On the whole not a horrible game, so keep that in mind while you read this.

Generally I agree with IGN's mini-rant on fable 3. The game is way too easy so far. I have no died, and I've only used a handful of potions (probably didn't even need to). You can just spam magic and win, which is depressing. More depressing is that they've removed a lot of the melee and range support magics (dash, slow time, etc) so playing hybrid doesn't really benefit you all that much. There's no minimap (this just doesn't make sense). And the moral choices in the game are generally trivial (do you want to be good or evil. There is no gray). If you do sidequests in this game, it becomes stupidly easy to make a lot of money. If you start buying properties asap (recommended), and don't rush through the game, you'll have stupid amounts of money by the end of the game.

Anyway, here's what got me to post this. There is no simple way to control all your properties. Right now, I own all of the dweller camp, all of the merc camp, a lot of brightwall, all the stuff I could buy in the old town, and some things in the market. Every couple hours I have to go to each one and repair all of my properties one at a time. Why isn't there a repair all? or some way to repair things without individually inspecting every one? maybe they wanted to make it hard to make stupid amounts of money, but it's not hard it's just time consuming.

This is all verbal vomit, and I still enjoy the game and the story, but there's so many small stupid things that just make you wonder wtf were they thinking not having them? I also hate the new interaction system.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Sounds like they removed anything that was good with 2 (which wasn't a brilliant game to begin with).

A shame.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Master C @ Nov 4 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like they removed anything that was good with 2 (which wasn't a brilliant game to begin with).

A shame.

I'd actually say it's almost just like 2, but they took a lot of good stuff out of 1 in both of the following ones

quick edit: It's still a fun game. It just has some very annoying flaws for a game this tier. I'd liken it to gears 2. Still worth playing, but could have been so much more.

Interesting factoid. Businesses never have to be repaired, so buy those over houses always if you can. They also net a lot more money (but are more expensive). Just bought most of bowerstone market. working on owning everything in the game (a lot of old town is not for sale after I blew it up though :'( )

Edited by way2lazy2care, 04 November 2010 - 07:08 PM.

Give me LoL Referals.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
Wish I'd known that I was going to have to raise all that money, I don't have nearly enough properties.

So far it's decent enough but I can't help feeling a bit of regret that I paid 35 for this

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (Xayun @ Nov 5 2010, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wish I'd known that I was going to have to raise all that money, I don't have nearly enough properties.

So far it's decent enough but I can't help feeling a bit of regret that I paid 35 for this

Here's another thing you'll wish you knew.
when you have 121 days left, you actually have no days left. I had 2 million in debt because I got everything and was waiting till I had 6 million to give it all to the treasure because I wanted the "you must climb a mountain of gold and lost it all" chest so I would have transferred it all to the treasury. So I just got everyone killed because I didn't know 121 days left meant one day left. Seriously I could have paid it all back 1.5 times, but I just didn't know.

Really pissed off about it.

edit: seriously pissed about this. I had a buttload of cash just for this shit and it fuckin comes out of left field. Now the 20 people left in my kingdom hate me.

Oh well I have angel wings while I swing my hammer. They can suck my cock. Game's going back to gamefly tomorrow.

Give me LoL Referals.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
just thought of another thing to be pissed about in this game. Living weapons are a cool idea, but they suck when they make your starter weapons almost as good as every weapon in the game. I don't even think I looked at any other items than the default ones I had or had to be wearing for a quest. Kinda sad because upgrading weapons in 1 was a lot of fun.

The magic kinda ruined it again in this one. Just hold B and win.

Edit: Thinking about it more, the magic is awesome as is, but having each spell be both targetable and AOE makes it really hard to balance I guess. Iirc fable 2 did it a lot better though. Getting rid of the slow time spell and making it a potion ruined melee. I think in fable 2 tapping it non-directionally made you slowt ime and directionally made you blink/flash.

Leveling magic instead of individual spells hurt too imo.

As much as I am tearing apart this game, it really wasn't bad. It's just that there is a much better game hiding in there that just wasn't realized. It's frustrating.

Edited by way2lazy2care, 06 November 2010 - 12:48 PM.

Give me LoL Referals.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
Haven't used a single weapon other than the starter ones yet

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
Not gonna lie, I cheated to get money in the game. I had 12mil before I even started the Judgements.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Nov 6 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not gonna lie, I cheated to get money in the game. I had 12mil before I even started the Judgements.

you can do that even after you start the judgements. AS LONG AS YOU FUCKING KNOW SHITS ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN AND PAY THE SHIT OFF BEFORE THE WHOLE WORLD GOES TO FUCK.

I was also disappointed about how all the choices were making money = bad, paying money = good. There are perfectly morally sound ways to make money besides putting an entire race of people to work, flooding an area with raw sewage, or draining a lake to turn it into a mine.
Give me LoL Referals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users