Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Goldeneye

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
Anyone getting this? I've been looking at trailers all day and part of me wants to really buy the game but in my mind I feel like I'm being way over nostalgic and I'm probably giving the game too much credit because I loved the first one. I don't know... I'm so skeptic.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
You're right in what you're thinking. You just want it cause of nostalgia. I bet most of the sales will be because of that. It looks pretty weak TBH. It was good on the N64 back then because it was one of the first good console FPS's. There's a shit ton now and they look better than golden eye..
Could be fun though, unless they force you to use the wii mote n shit.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
ya. as much as i loved the game, i dont think its held up against time that well.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
you're not forced to use the wiimote controls. you can use classic/cube controllers.

from what i've heard, its an exact port of the game (in terms of multiplayer). apparently it feels a lot more modern and doesnt have the same exact feel as the original. up to you to decide whether you think this is worth it i guess. i might try it out.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
Yeah, I might just go for a rent.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
To be honest, Goldeneye on the N64 is still good. Can't see why you wouldn't just play that instead...

It's probably better and more balanced then the new one is anyways. Better controls and everything.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Nov 2 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, Goldeneye on the N64 is still good. Can't see why you wouldn't just play that instead...

It's probably better and more balanced then the new one is anyways. Better controls and everything.

Well cause I want online play because I don't have any RL friends.

God this game looks like shit, I just saw recent videos and I almost barfed at the gameplay.

Edited by PwnDaddy123, 02 November 2010 - 03:31 PM.

TracyTheFreak

TracyTheFreak

For being amazing, of course

• Members
  • 2,975 posts
  • xfire:TracyTheFreak
  • Steam ID:Dezna (TracyTheFreak)
  • Xbox / GFWL:TracyTheFreak
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Nov 2 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It auto aims for you in the old one and is kind of hard to re-adjust to again after playing more modern fpses.. annnd you can't play the old one online?

But I just got the goldeneye today.. because my parents bought it since target was doing some game deal and my parents were adamant on getting in on buying two games and getting one free. And my dad actually wanted to get goldeneye..

So I played through the first two campaign levels and it was actually a lot different than the first game. Same basics, like fighting along a dam and through a facility, buuut levels are laid out way different and doing some different things. It was pretty fun. I will probably get around to playing multiplayer online and we'll see how that goes... and get friends over to get drunk and play.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
I bet online will be laggy and shitty. Like anything I have played online for the wii. [brawl and mario strikers]

edit: actually I don't remember strikers being laggy.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 02 November 2010 - 09:43 PM.

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
Strikers played alright online. Mario Kart Wii worked very well. I wouldn't be surprised Goldeneye's online will be good, connection-wise. In terms of the gameplay, I'm still so skeptic about it. I just sort of want it icon_sad.gif

I BET THAT'S WHAT THEY HAD PLANNED. GET FAGGOTS LIKE ME TO FEEL NOSTALGIC ABOUT THEIR CRAPPY GAME AND THROW 60$ AT IT

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
Mario Kart had some sort of coding magic than can only be done with racing games. I forgot where I read this or what the magic was. But it gives the appearance of no lag icon_surprised.gif.

You should just buy it man. BUY IT. BUY THE CHILDHOOD GAME YOU SO MUCH ENJOYED. YOU WILL HAVE THE SAME FUN AS YOU DID WHEN YOU WHERE A CHILD.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 02 November 2010 - 10:06 PM.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (TracyTheFreak @ Nov 3 2010, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It auto aims for you in the old one and is kind of hard to re-adjust to again after playing more modern fpses.. annnd you can't play the old one online?

You might be able to play it online using an N64 emulator with Kaillera built in, but I'm not sure. It definitely worked for Smash Bros

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,867 posts
QUOTE (Xayun @ Nov 2 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might be able to play it online using an N64 emulator with Kaillera built in, but I'm not sure. It definitely worked for Smash Bros

And it works for Golden Eye too. But as always with Kaillera, desync may occur.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users