Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Walking Dead Tv Series

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Yeah... 6 Episodes ain't near enough to resolve all the questions that deserve answerin.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Dec 7 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah... 6 Episodes ain't near enough to resolve all the questions that deserve answerin.

I think they signed it for a half season because it's a topic nobody's done a show on before and they probably didn't want to risk the larger budget. It was probably a 12 shitty episodes with no guarantee of the season lasting through the end or 6 episodes with double the budget type deal. Now that they know people are interested they'll probably have season two out relatively soon.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Thermington

Thermington
  • GA Private
  • 345 posts
  • xfire:Thermington
  • Steam ID:Thermington
  • Wii:803585849083485
  • Gamer Army ID:2081
  • Company:Juliet
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Dec 6 2010, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also lolled when he set the grenade by the window, pulled the pin, waited a second, then was like "OHSHITITSAGRENADE! RUN AWAY!"

Yea that made me yell at my tv "WHAT ARE YOU DOING THATS A FUCKING GRENADE RUN!"

Also my thoughts:
I thought is was a stunning victory for its first run as a "Zombie Apocalypse Drama" (new genre for tv). I like how it avoided zombie flick stereotypes while also providing the gore that the fans love, and keeping it a genuinely interesting show that made you really care about the characters.
I don't think they'll fuck up season 2 (whenever it comes out), I think they will stick to their winning formula.

76561197980951507.png

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (Thermington @ Dec 8 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think they'll fuck up season 2 (whenever it comes out), I think they will stick to their winning formula.

I thought the same thing about Heroes icon_sad.gif

Heroes... Season One... mmmm

Heroes... Season Two... /wrists

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Spowis @ Dec 7 2010, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Comments:

Watched the 'finale', was left really unsatisfied, almost as if they were finding excuses to kill off characters whose backstories are pretty weak. I treated it like an ordinary episode as opposed to a season cliffhanger due to the short length of this first season; I'm expecting the first episode of season 2 to be amazing. I guess it'll be out around late summer after post-production has been finalised? Either way, I expected more from the episode. It had its moments with an insight into how ruthless the military were being and the tensions within the group, but I expected more.

Ditto pretty much. Was more of a normal episode then an epic cliff hanger.
Still not bad, shame next season is so far away. icon_neutral.gif

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
While laying in bed last night, a thought popped into my head. Why isn't the world just absolutely fucked even more than it is in zombie movies?

With nobody around taking care of nuclear power plants, they would easily overheat and cause a meltdown. I'm not entirely sure of the number of plants around the US, but wouldn't that make a good portion of the country completely unlivable?

I think it'd be great if that became a problem for the survivors in the next season of this show.

monsoonlol.png

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Dec 17 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While laying in bed last night, a thought popped into my head. Why isn't the world just absolutely fucked even more than it is in zombie movies?

With nobody around taking care of nuclear power plants, they would easily overheat and cause a meltdown. I'm not entirely sure of the number of plants around the US, but wouldn't that make a good portion of the country completely unlivable?

I think it'd be great if that became a problem for the survivors in the next season of this show.

Lol, as likely as that idea is I think Nuclear gas or whatever it is would spread and make more then just the country side unliveable. Would be sorta over powered, if they were being realistic.... but at the same time IDK what the nuclear power plant situation is where they live or how far the actual gases would travel.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
pretty sure they have emergency shut downs for situations like that

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Dec 16 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All of your questions can be answered in Life after People.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
  • xfire:darkhen
  • Interests:Bang Bang Bang<br /><br />Banging people<br />
Episodes 1 and 2 were sweet, then I realised that like, episodes 3-5 were just using Zombies as a cover for crappy dialogue and bad acting. I want zombie killing, not Bald and the Beautiful with 1 zombie kill in between. Finale was alright but.

]

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Dec 17 2010, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of your questions can be answered in Life after People.

I saw that when it first aired, which may have subconsciously fueled my bedtime conundrum.

When I mentioned earlier that I'd like to see a nuclear plot device, I meant prior to a meltdown. Maybe have an episode with the survivors trying to figure out how to prevent it. Who knows though; sometimes these things sound better in your head than they look on screen.

monsoonlol.png

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Dec 18 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I mentioned earlier that I'd like to see a nuclear plot device, I meant prior to a meltdown. Maybe have an episode with the survivors trying to figure out how to prevent it. Who knows though; sometimes these things sound better in your head than they look on screen.

that sounds a bit too much in my opinion. how would any of them manage to know what to do?

i saw the first volume at barnes and nobles where i live. first 8 chapters for 60 bucks...or on amazon for 35 lol. however, i think im just gonna wait to see what happens in the TV series. i would hate to spoil it, or worse, enjoy the book a lot which makes me disappointed in the show. for me, if i watch/read the "lesser" version first, i will still enjoy it after watching/reading the "better" version.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Dec 19 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i saw the first volume at barnes and nobles where i live. first 8 chapters for 60 bucks...or on amazon for 35 lol. however, i think im just gonna wait to see what happens in the TV series. i would hate to spoil it, or worse, enjoy the book a lot which makes me disappointed in the show. for me, if i watch/read the "lesser" version first, i will still enjoy it after watching/reading the "better" version.

I think that's the same with me.

Like I hate the first 4 harry potter movies for the most part, but that's when I stopped reading them and I liked all the movies since (except the last two because I listened to the last 2 audiobooks before they came out).
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Dec 19 2010, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that sounds a bit too much in my opinion. how would any of them manage to know what to do?

*start scene*

"There's some manuals on the other side of the plant."

"No noes! There's zombies in the way!"

"I told your Wife you were dead, then fucked her rotten."

*end scene*

monsoonlol.png

Skul1Candy

Skul1Candy
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skul1Candy
QUOTE (darkhen @ Dec 19 2010, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Episodes 1 and 2 were sweet, then I realised that like, episodes 3-5 were just using Zombies as a cover for crappy dialogue and bad acting. I want zombie killing, not Bald and the Beautiful with 1 zombie kill in between. Finale was alright but.

I kind of agree,
the first episode I watched was episode 2, and I thought the show was pretty shit, and it was just some lame budget tv series.
But luckily I had nothing else to do and I watched the whole thing anyway and ep. 3 after that because I was 2 weeks behind and really got into the story line.
I found myself sometimes thinking, ffs that looked pretty stupid, but ignoring the occasional bad acting and not so top grade special effects, it was a really interesting and endearing series. liked the drama angle.

although I'm still mad at the ending. and wtf happened to Meryl??

Is season 2 actually just about to premiere in America?
NZ only just got season 1...

Edited by Skul1Candy, 03 September 2011 - 06:02 PM.

You remind me of GAY

Bubbles

Bubbles
  • Members
  • 1,284 posts
  • Interests:gaming, tokin yoshi, web design, raw hip hop ishhhh and that good ol punk rock
  • Xbox / GFWL:n0tbubbles
I started reading the comic series before it came out and it's doing a decent job to sticking to the plot. (even tho what happened in the last episode of season one never happened). Honestly though the show sucks, your right the only good part is the zombies effects and killing. Hopefully they can pick it up a bit though.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
several months later...

this show is amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users