Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Walking Dead Tv Series

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Dec 4 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just watched epi-1. i think ill download more. was quite well made. some of the best zombie make-up ive ever seen.

it's not makeup... they used real zombies.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

CartooN

CartooN
  • Members
  • 134 posts
Just watched episode 5. I didnt like the series at first but now Im starting to get into it.

Plus it had this:

Always loved it since I first heard it.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
last ep was not horrible not great.

my one beef was this if the CDC was going to lock down they wouldn't use explosives to blow the building up. They'd probably certainly use incendiary stuff, but explosives are way to messy and could end up spreading more disease than it prevents and they'd never risk that. Their are plenty of incendiaries that would burn hotter than most explosives that wouldn't get close to damaging a cement building that would be more ideal.

Also in the replay that just happened, don't they train you to keep your finger off the trigger or to say... not shoot half your team if something comes up behind you?

FIRST INSTINCT! SHOOT MY TEAM! SECOND INSTINCT! GET EATEN BY ZOMBIES!

Give me LoL Referals.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
i LOVED epi 3

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
Just watched ep 1. Will be watching more.
Though the first ep seemed to have a good amount of characters doing something, like killing a zombie and blood flies everywhere, and in the next scene the blood is gone.
Eh

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,065 posts
  • xfire:badazzewok
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ganonheart
Watched the Stream last night...

Oh dear lord, no wonder they die so quickly, not going to spoil it, but at the end... they really need to learn to fucking scavenge there surroundings.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Dec 5 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my one beef was this if the CDC was going to lock down they wouldn't use explosives to blow the building up. They'd probably certainly use incendiary stuff, but explosives are way to messy and could end up spreading more disease than it prevents and they'd never risk that. Their are plenty of incendiaries that would burn hotter than most explosives that wouldn't get close to damaging a cement building that would be more ideal.

In the episode it was explained that it ignites the oxygen and burns at 5,000 degrees...

H.I.T.s -- high-impulse thermobaric fuel-air explosive consists of a two-stage aerosol ignition which produces a blast wave of significantly greater power and duration than any other known explosive except nuclear. The vacuum-pressure effect ignites the oxygen between 5,000 and 6,000 degrees and is used when the greatest loss of life and damage to structures is desired.

Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey
  • Members
  • 487 posts
  • xfire:vliegendehollander7
  • Xbox / GFWL:lmao
  • PSN:roflpop
  • Wii:lol
Holy fuckballs. That was one nice episode.

but they really do need to scavenge.. srsly they could've just taken an .50 machinegun with them as it was just standing there with a fuckton of ammo.. They're either dumb as shit or too emotional lol. i mean they just heard that probably the whole world is gone so why would you limit yourself to just a few handguns and a shotgun? Running is of no use anymore so i'd just scavenge and hole up somewhere for a year or so hoping that the zombies will die of hunger.

i lol'd when daryl chopped the zombie head clean off

Edited by FunkyMonkey, 06 December 2010 - 11:58 AM.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,261 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
Comments:

Watched the 'finale', was left really unsatisfied, almost as if they were finding excuses to kill off characters whose backstories are pretty weak. I treated it like an ordinary episode as opposed to a season cliffhanger due to the short length of this first season; I'm expecting the first episode of season 2 to be amazing. I guess it'll be out around late summer after post-production has been finalised? Either way, I expected more from the episode. It had its moments with an insight into how ruthless the military were being and the tensions within the group, but I expected more.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
'The Walking Dead’ Fires Writing Staff; Will Not Replace Them For Season 2

http://screenrant.co...ters-aco-89980/

...On top of that, it is believed that Darabont’s intentions are not to replace the writing staff for the already announced second season, but to assign scripts to freelance writers instead. While this may sound like a shocking decision to fans of the series, this is not something new in the world of television.

I really really hope they don't end up with morons who will fill the show with god damn one liners and clichés.

FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey
  • Members
  • 487 posts
  • xfire:vliegendehollander7
  • Xbox / GFWL:lmao
  • PSN:roflpop
  • Wii:lol
Season 2 will be out in October 2011 icon_sad.gif fucking gay when it takes that long i don't feel like getting into it anymore

also, Why the hell was the hospital all burning and falling apart and being bombed? Like seriously.. Does the military just bomb all 'dat shit? they're only zombies you know.

Edited by FunkyMonkey, 06 December 2010 - 04:21 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
You can say they're just zombies...

I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to shoot someone you know even if they were a zombie of sorts.

Also, my impression of this is that it musta been widespread as heck before people started turning into the zombies. 'Cause there ain't no way more then a single city would be over-run.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
yeah it doesn't seem like it just started in one place

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Dec 6 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the episode it was explained that it ignites the oxygen and burns at 5,000 degrees...

you missed the point. You can kill anything living without blowing up the entire fucking building. All blowing up the building does is potentially spread dangerous stuff.

I also lolled when he set the grenade by the window, pulled the pin, waited a second, then was like "OHSHITITSAGRENADE! RUN AWAY!"

Give me LoL Referals.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Dec 6 2010, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you missed the point. You can kill anything living without blowing up the entire fucking building. All blowing up the building does is potentially spread dangerous stuff.

I was expecting it to only be inside until he blew open the window and who knows what would happen with all of that extra oxygen.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
I thought it was ok.

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
QUOTE (Yozki @ Dec 6 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really really hope they don't end up with morons who will fill the show with god damn one liners and clichés.

not gonna lie...i like zombie movie cliches.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
QUOTE (retrovirus @ Dec 6 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not gonna lie...i like zombie movie cliches.

They have their place, but this show is a serious attempt at the genre, and a good one so far. icon_razz.gif

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Dec 6 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was expecting it to only be inside until he blew open the window and who knows what would happen with all of that extra oxygen.

they shouldn't be using an explosive with excessive force anyway. an incendiary device with more oxygen will just make the fire hotter/bigger. it won't suddenly change it into dynamite and bring down a cement building.
Give me LoL Referals.

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
I didn't really like the season finale. Fell flat in terms of a true finale... it didn't really leave me foaming at the mouth for the next season. I dunno. By the time a year goes by and the new season is getting ready to start, I just don't think I'll care about it anymore.

So many things were left unanswered and unresolved. Bah.

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users